End of study Dasatanib transition process
As we approach the end of the trial we are aware that many sites have had some questions relating to study medication and what will happen after March 7th. As a result we have created a letter explaining the process.
- All patients will have to stop taking trial dasatanib on March 7th 2018 and no trial prescriptions should be dispensed that go beyond this date.
- All trial dasatanib (patient and pharmacy stock) will have to be returned and destroyed if it has not been used by 7th March 2018.
- Patients who will be continuing on dasatanib will need to be transferred to commercial stock prior to 7th March 2018 - a Blueteq form will need to be completed for each patient.
- NHS England has confirmed that commercial dasatanib will be available for patients with CML.
- Dasatinib orders via the SPIRIT trial will continue to be processed until March 2018, however the number of bottles requested will be checked against the Trial Office records.
Please click here to read the full document, which explains the process and reasons why in much more detail.
Please click here to read the letter from NHS England which goes into more detail about the process of acquiring dasatanib and the Blueteq form.
A copy of the documents can also be found under the ISF section of this website (http://spirit-cml.org/isf/correspondence/).
If you have any questions please contact the SPIRIT 2 Trial Office.
Last modified: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 16:01:45 GMT